Will I have time?
Will anyone care what I have to say?
Will this just be something that I start and then never do again?
Only time will tell. However, I decided that if I could come up with 10 reasons to do it then, I would. So, here we are.
These are Kelly's Top Ten Reasons Why I Should Blog (David Letterman style).
10. Everybody else is doing it. I know what your thinking. "If everybody else jumped off a bridge would I do that too." The answer is no. It's a blog. Calm down.
9. I enjoy reading other people's blogs and I
8. My parents won't join Facebook but they might go to my blog if they get an email message saying that I have posted something new.
7. I'm not a fan of making tons of Facebook status' and clogging up everybody's news feed. This is more like an optional status update. You can read it or not without having to delete me for obsessive posting.
6. I like to write and there aren't many book deals for a simple gal like me.
5. My in-laws live 6 hours from here and this will be an easy way to keep them updated between visits.
4. Having "followers" sounds cool in a non-cultish kind of way. I know, I could have "followers" on Twitter but it's just not the same.
3. This will be an electronic diary/scrapbook/memoir that we can all look back on years from now. (When I read a statement like this I say the word "slash" between the words. Do you? You know, like, diary slash scrapbook slash memoir. Is that weird?)
2. I have a cute kid that I like to take pictures of and I hate to keep all of that cuteness to myself.
1. I just wanna!
So, wish me luck and happy blog reading!